1. [n] - a special situation
2. [n] - a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion
3. [n] - an event
4. [n] - a statement regarded as an object
5. [n] - a special objective
6. [n] - a special abstraction
7. [n] - any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence
8. [n] - an entity that is not named specifically
9. [n] - an artifact
10. [n] - an action
11. [n] - a separate and self-contained entity
- Example use of the word thing
1. how could you do such a thing?
2. how does this thing work?
3. I couldn't tell what the thing was
4. the thing I like about her is ...
5. a thing of the spirit
6. things of the heart
7. the thing is to stay in bounds
8. to say the same thing in other terms
9. how can you say such a thing?
10. a funny thing happened on the way to the...
11. he has a thing about seafood
12. she has a thing about him
13. this thing has got to end
14. it is a remarkable thing