1. [n] - grasslike plants growing in wet places and having cylindrical often hollow stems
2. [n] - physician and Revolutionary American leader
3. [n] - a sudden forceful flow
4. [n] - a sudden burst of activity
5. [n] - (football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line
6. [v] - step on it
7. [v] - run with the ball, in football
8. [v] - attack suddenly
9. [v] - act or move at high speed
10. [v] - urge to an unnatural speed
- Example use of the word rush
1. the linebackers were ready to stop a rush
2. come back after the rush
3. he joined the gold rush
4. signer of the Declaration of Independence (1745-1813)
5. Don't rush me, please!
6. We have to rush!
7. hurry--it's late!
8. He rushed down the hall to receive his guests
9. The cars raced down the street